Friday, July 1, 2011

Called to Serve!

On April 21st, 2011 I finally got my mission call. We actually knew from the bishop my call had been sent so my mother and my sister were actually waiting and checking  the mailboxes by our house. Our  mailperson was late so my mother walked up to her and asked if she had any big envelopes for our address. She said does the envelope say to Elder Jordan Thompson this caused my mother and sister to go crazy and then she called me at work and said that the call was here. When I got home I couldnt stand not being able to open it until later. My hands just wanted to open that letter and know where I was going for the next 2 years of my life. our house was full of family and friends. We had at least 50 people to hear where I was called. When I was finally able to open my call my dad did the meanest thing and opened it with an envelope opener instead of letting me open it. Then while I was reading it my sister apparently read it over my shoulder before I did and was shocked my mom got a picture of it too she thought I was reading it to slow. I was hoping to be called somewhere where there is islands or some tropical paradise and that was exactly what I got so I was very happy. I was called to the Quezon City Philippines Mission. I report July 27th and I will be speaking in the languuage of Tagalog. I have been preparing for this since I was a child and I knew this is is one of the best decisions I have made and I know I will be blessed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment