Monday, December 12, 2011



i think this is a jeepney???
  Well well well this week has been such a good week this week I just don't know where to start. I went on splits 3 times this week like I said I went with Elder Butler twice this week. Elder Butler is the other ZL's companion and he is way good. Hes only one transfer ahead of me and he is way good at speaking Tagalog. We have had good times together because in just in these 2 transfers we have gone on splits together 8 times its been so fun having Zone Leader companions is really weird because they do alot and you don't realize it until you are one or you companion is one. We got some really good pictures with investigators in his area and in my area. I also got to go with Elder Cabuenas hes the only Filipino elder in our zone other than the sisters hes the only Filipino. He goes home in Feb so he doesn't have much longer left. He's a way good missionary and he is such a stud. Well we have transfer day on the 22nd of Dec so I'm not and I'm looking forward to that. Elder Hopkins is such a great companion he helps alot with my teaching and the language, he always makes sure that I lead in the lessons, and the tracting.

       So this week was such an awesome week I don't even know where to start. Well this week alone we gave out about 5 baptismal dates this week and what makes it even better is that they all took their dates its so awesome. So we first gave it to an investigator named Billy who we actually found through our recent convert family the Corrales family. He is so cool hes 17 years old and was actually taught by missionaries before, but one day they just stopped coming one day, but we gave him the date of Jan 14th and he accepted. He's such a istig investigator he always has questions, and always keeps our commitments. He has been so fun to teach and we are continuing to have him progress through the gospel. We also have another 3 investigators named Donna, Venos, and Madeth. The funny story about this is that Donna is actually the elder's quorum president's daughter and was never interested in us teaching her when I was with Elder Burgan, but the first day i was with Elder Jiminea they came and listened to us and have been progressing ever since then. They are all friends that have been wanted to be taught after the other we first taught Donna, then her friend Venos was interested and wanted to listen to us and then Madeth got interested and just last Fri we gave them all baptismal dates on the 14th of January as well just like Billy. Finally there is Mimi an investigator that I found through one of the members. I was on exchanges that day, but its been 2 weeks since then. So we have taught her the whole first lesson and she loved it. She is a little shy, because if you know anything about the Philippines is that every girl thinks any white boy or American is guapo(handsome), so with two of them makes it a little bit more. She has been progressing so much though and when I was on exchanges with Elder Cabuenas, Elder Hopkins gave her a date also on the 14th of January so if all goes as planned we will have 5 baptisms on the 14th. Its way exciting. We had the awesome opportunity also to go to temple tour on Thursday of last week, we brought the Corrales, Clemente, Venos, Madeth, and Billy (Donna wasn't able to go), plus our Elder's Quorum President to it. It was such a good experience and you could totally see the Spirit work with everyone that was there. If you could rely on anything to convert people its so definitely the temple. I loved it and the Spirit I felt as I was there. This Wed I actually am hosting along with my zone at the temple so I will be able to see Elder Burgan again WAHOO!!!. I also got to see Elder Stallings and McDonald there it was good to see them and the progression that they are having. I have lots of progressing investigators so my area is definitely looking up.

  So that was my week in a nutshell. Enjoy this Christmas season and always remember is not about how much you receive its about how much you can give. Always remember and that the greatest gift of all is the Savior's atoning sacrifice for us all. Also just to say it I have eaten many cool things, but this week we ate at the Corrales family after a lesson and I was able to eat sardines YUMMY!!!!:) and calamaries, its not the salmon eggs that you would eat in America its tiny squid that taste so freaking good I cant tell you how good they are. I also have had dried fish and its so good here that I think it even beats the fish back home. But I'm not entirely sure about that. I love you guys and enjoy the Christmas weather, because its starting to get hot here. So yea enjoy that.

  Mahal ko kayo,

       Elder Jordan Thompson


No comments:

Post a Comment