Friday, August 5, 2011

WEEK 2!!!!!

Hey guys Kumusta po kayo? (how are you) this week so far has been such a great week. I love the MTC its teaching me so much and yet I have only been here for a week and a half. I have had the opportunity to go to the Provo Temple and it was such an awesome experience I actually sat next to a man that knew Sister Coffin I couldnt get his name though. We found out it was her son in law.  My 3 some companionship has been a big help this last week we actually had to teach a progressive investigator only on our 4th day here. We have to teach in all Tagalog it was rough the first time around, but as we learned more Tagalog it became easier and we actually gave her a Book of Mormon and then we asked her to say the prayer with us. The Spirit was totally there cause after that our teacher showed us on the TV in our classroom and she told us from a Computer camera what she felt and what we could have worked on. The investigators we teach are actually teachers that teach Tagalog at the MTC. The Tagalog is coming along better than I actually thought it would have it just takes alot of prayer and study. I actually read a scripture this week that made me think of you guys, it brings joy to my heart every time I read it. Hope everything is goin okay over in the heat. Its constantly in the 80's all day then at night it gets down to the 60's its BEAUTIFUL. I do not miss AZ at all right now, but im really excited to go to the Philippines. Well I finally made contact with Christiaan, one of my companions actually needed to go to the health clinic and when I was there he was there. He tore a tendon in his foot playing basketball. During gym I have developed a love for playing volleyball, because now I am actually able to spike over the net now. I have seen at least 20 people from Mountain View here so that makes me feel alot better. I know that I am out here for a reason and that I am supposed to be in the Philippines. I love this gospel and the many that it brings into my life. I love you guys and miss you dearly. Make sure to tell people on facebook to write me because I love recieving letters they're like Christmas over here so make sure to tell everybody. 
                                                                Salamat Sayo,
                                                                        Elder Jordan Scott Thompson
                                                                            Quezon City, Philippines Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment