Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dear Mother,
All is well, I'm loving the life here in the Philippines its so amazing to be able to be a part to do the Lord's work here in this great country. I still have vitamins yes and everyday I take them, the yuckiness is gone never have really had that kinda stuff, and yes I always have a water bottle on me if I don't I go and buy one don't want to pass out huh? I was just tired cause I got out of district meeting that's why hahahaah! I haven't felt sick for a while sure I have the runs just a little bit of times, but that's just a regular thing. With baptisms we don't have any really right now we have one soon, but its after the transfer and well I think I'm going to leave here 3 transfers is a long time hahaha, but its up to the Lord not me so I honestly don't care. Kevin Blaza has a baptismal date set for June 9th so we will see how that goes he didn't come to church for a couple of weeks so we started  the count over again. We are having a hard time here with investigators, but with less-actives being reactivated we are doing great. Last transfer the family that me and Elder Acera found Rowel through was actually a less-active family now they are active and I'm so happy to see them every Sunday come to church they are so happy I LOVE IT!!! We had a lot of less-actives at church yesterday I was so happy its just another great week as a missionary.

HOLY CRAP two missionaries in the Kennewick Washington mission that's freaking awesome. Maybe Preston will train him as a missionary hahahaahah. That's so cool I'm really happy for them and all the work that's going. I'm also happy hes going on a mission its such a great decision I love it here. Oh Tia Rosas what such great food miss that a lot, but I definitely do love rice now hahahahah. Everyday RICE WAHOO!!! Definitely have developed a love for rice here its actually not that bad once you eat it every day. I have learned some recipes here so be ready for that one of them Bicol Express is very spicy so maybe just Dad and me will do that one, its really BLAZING HOT!!, but so freaking good. Buko juice too, buko is a young coconut and what they do is cut it open and drink the juice, so GOOD!!! Just loving the life here in the Philippines, Tagalog as well is coming along well I wouldn't say I'm fluent, but I have got a lot of compliments, but don't let those get to my head keep studying. I actually just finished the Book of Mormon, and so I started reading the New Testament, many missionaries say it helps here to know that dahil many people here are fervent in believing the Bible and just that. Also found a good way to use cross references in my teaching so that I can use the Book of Mormon along with the Bible for people to be more willing to listen. I also finally got to go to province sort of. I went on exchanges with Elder Cortezano, my district leader's companion, and my district leader, Elder Taurabakai, who is surprisingly from Carabas, the place where Hudson and Jackson are originally from I think don't really know, just think. It was so nice and cool it was awesome. So that's another week of the life of Elder Thompson here in the Quezon City Philippines mission. I love you all so much and one reminder to tell everybody and I MEAN EVERYBODY!!! That the new address in my mission is what they want to write to not the other one cause the office couples will stop going there and I might not receive some letters don't want that do we now.

NEW ADDRESS:
Elder Jordan Scott Thompson
Philippines Quezon City Mission
Aurora Blvd. Corner. JP Rizal St.
Project 4, Cubao
Quezon City 1109, Metro Manila, Philippines


Make sure everybody knows about this its important so you along with Addy put that on your facebooks so that literally everyone sees.

I love you all, so much and also the opportunity to talk to you all, and make that amazing face that I can do hahahaah.

Mahal kita,
Elder Thompson



On splits in a province called Ulit


Was really excited to go to a different area on splits


Going to a less active members house.  Had to cross some planks over a sewer to get there.


On splits with his DL's comp Elder Cortezano


Taken inside jeepney


A little boy he thinks looks like his little bro NG


No comments:

Post a Comment