Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey everybody everything in the world of the Philippines is going so stinkin awesome. So this week has been a stinkin blast we had so much awesome things happen to us this week I could talk about them for a long time so anyways that's so stinking awesome that the people from the ward actually do remember me. I'm surprised that I'm still remembered because usually what happens to missionaries is they're forgotten for the time they're gone but then are remembered for when they're only a week from coming home . How do I remember this cause I didn't know any of the missionaries were coming home until literally a week until they came. Its funny but so stinkin true I feel very special to be remembered.

    So anyways what happened this week probably some of the coolest things ever. First you remember RecAnn Gopo?? The 11 year old girl that was not able to be baptized because her dad would not let her be baptized because he just wanted her to be baptized in the Catholic church. Well this week her dad decided to let it happen and we got his written permission this time so that he cannot change his mind this time. So she is being baptized this Saturday. Its so awesome to see the Lord work in little ways that he makes even the smallest things happen. So I'm really excited to see this because I have been working with her on being baptized since I first arrived into this area. Its So stinking awesome to be able to be able to see this. Shes so excited and we are going to have her grandpa baptize her so its going to be awesome. Also we have one of the Clemente family being baptized. Kim the 15 year old son of the Clemente family is also being baptized this Saturday its so awesome to be able to also be able to see this happen. Also we are having one more of our investigators being baptized this week on Saturday as well. Mimi is a 19 year old girl that we found living with members. They all have very firm testimonies in Christ and are all really excited to be baptized on Sat. So this week has been busy and tomorrow I'm going on exchanges with my district leader to go do the baptismal interviews tomorrow. Also we have been really busy with finding less actives in our area. We have had a family be our first returning members. The thing is with this the less actives have to attend church for 4 weeks consecutively and then they become returning members. So they will be able to enjoy that and we keep finding new less actives in our area its awesome. I love the progressing work in my area it feels so good to be able to do the Lord's work in this part of the vineyard. I love it here and wouldn't change it for anything. I miss you guys and wish you all the best.


  MAHAL KITA!!!
Elder Thompson 
Jordan and comp E Hopkins on temple excursion

Jordan and comp!!

Jordan and E McDonald (MTC comp) saw him at Manilla Temple

Another MTC comp E Stallings!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment