Tuesday, January 24, 2012




Hey why not wear long sleeves here in the Philippines its freaking beautiful here so why not. Anyways WOW!!! I guess I did leave a big impact in our area more than I thought.  Yes I wear long sleeves it really isn't much of a difference cause honestly its just way nicer when I wear them. It is very humid yes, but it honestly feels nicer when I wear them. So with the many questions I'm fine with the financial stuff cause I have not spent any money since I have talked to you guys except for grocery and transportation honestly. We cook a lot at the house, but in my area we have a occasional dinner appointment which is always nice. The members in my area make the best food ever you ever had liver before? Well I have it almost every time I eat at members house other than the dried fish that is also very freaking delicious.Its weird but some of the weirdest stuff here is probably the best food I have ever tasted. Most P-Day's we don't have anything cool in my area except to go to a big mall called SM North, but the ZL's in my zone got special permission to go to the Memorial Circle so we are going to that along with a wildlife reserve right next to it. So yea ill be sending you some pics of that next time I email you guys. Sorry I haven't written to guys a long letter, but last week there wasn't much that happened last other than the stuff I talked about, but alot happened this week so I have alot to talk about.

  So anyways you asked about the 5 baptisms that I was supposed to have last week. Only 3 of them were actually baptized we had to move some of them back because of the stinking WORD OF WISDOM!!!! Uhhh, but we still go to them and still teach them its just back to the basics with them honestly. Other than that I have had 6 baptisms so far in my mission, but like it says in D&C 18:10,15-16, "How great should your joy if you bring but one soul, if so great your joy if you bring one soul unto me, how great should be your joy if bring but many souls unto me. I always remember that scripture and always remember its not about the number, but about the impact you leave on the people and on thew area that you work in. The 3 that were baptized last week were Kim Clemente, RecAnn Gopo, and Mimi Calamba. Kim is the 15 year old son of the Clemente family that I have been working on getting baptized since I first got into the area. His dad will be baptized on the 4th of February, but the problem with that is that transfer day is on Feb 2 and more than likely I will get out of my original area, but if I don't that's OK too cause I would like to be able to see him baptized. RecAnn is the 11 year old girl who I also have been working on since I first got into the area. Shes the one whose dad wouldn't let her be baptized, but just one day he let her and this time we were smart and got it in writing so that he cant change his mind this time. HAHAAH it sound bad but it works supposedly. Finally, Mimi is a maid that I was able to find when I went to visit a member family in the ward they said the know someone who might be interested in our message and she came in and we taught her and now tapos na!! Shes way cool and actually said that she want to serve a mission for the church later in her life cause she said me and Elder Hopkins are her heroes. That felt so nice when that was said, its always nice to get compliments especially with the language when you know your not actually galing at the language. Tagalog is tough, but honestly if you study hard and pray hard it will come, I have seen that alot on my mission already. I understand at least 70% of what people say to me, but sometimes you wish you couldn't cause of what they say especially kids who haven't been disciplined by their parents, but other than that its so freaking awesome here in my area. I love you guys and I will have those pics for you next week.

Salamat po,
Jordan Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment