Tuesday, March 13, 2012

 Hey mother this week was so freaking fun, but it was a little sad. So this week is transfers and well I'm not going, but my comp is finally leaving this area. He has been in this area since he first entered the field. Yea he literally jumped around the room today cause he finally is leaving this area. So yea tomorrow I will be getting a new companion so I'm really hoping for a Filipino to establish my Tagalog skills. I'm not saying I'm fluent in it not at all, but I can understand most of what people say its still hard to figure some things out, but once I get a filipino ill be able to speak with him more in Tagalog cause all my comps have been American or Australian. I'm hoping for a Filipino talaga cause all the Americans want to just speak English, i mean I don't want to forget English, but i really want to get good at Tagalog cause you never know if it could help me in the future right?

   Hey sounds like you guys had a great week I wish I could enjoy spring break, not!! Especially if you are having a garage sale on a Friday i would of hated that. Is it still nice over there or is it starting to get hot again. Its freaking BLAZINGG HOTTTTT. Everyday I come home and I'm freaking soaked from sweat not water. Especially here in the city with the pollution here it just makes it even worse trapping the heat and it just is horrible, but I've been surviving since I am from AZ so it makes it a lil easier. It sounds like that NG and ED had a goodtime at the Aloha festival I'm really mad that I wasn't there, but hey maybe next time diba? Oh funny thing is yesterday I had a thought come to my mind, but every time I would try to think of it I would just catch myself saying it in Tagalog. Funny ha? I'm even forgetting my English words now its weird!! Oh yea I'm really glad Addisin isn't going to die hahahaha JK, but I'm glad that she is doing fine and she gets to go to Idaho. LUCKY DUCK!!! Oh yea i heard Christiaan ate some porcupine, but actually I think that I can beat him on eating weird stuff. I didn't want to tell you but it was in my first transfer, I ate at my first member dinner, dinuguan, or BLOOD SOUP!!!:( Yea I was kinda sketched out about it when I first got it, but I didn't know what it was so I ate it. Yea my trainer said don't ask just eat so i didn't mind, i didn't find out until later after the appointment the reason it was OK is it was prepared by a member if it was on the street they say you can get really really sick from it. It wasn't actually that bad it was just a lil weird, its pigs blood so it had a bit of a porky taste to it, but I thought it was actually pretty good. Surprisingly I didn't get sick either, weird huh? Yea we got lots of good food out here. Yea but if I see it again ill get a picture of it for you as well as what dad said of a daga(RAT). You guys need to see the size of these things THEY'RE HUGE!!!!! One time one ran past me on the street and I literally thought it was a cat it was so huge. Yea thank goodness we dont get them in the house though we just get lil mice and ipis( huge flying cockroaches) yea gotta love the Philippines. Hey but the people are so freaking awesome and yes like Addy said very talented and cute HAHAHA!!!! I haven't gotten the package or card Nana or Kara, but maybe tomorrow at transfer meeting I will since we get our mail tomorrow. So yea also my trainer goes home tomorrow its freaking crazy hes already going to be gone he is bearing his testimony tomorrow cause he and another elder are going at night since they aren't going to America. I'm glad Andrew and Brenden liked their letters its so great that they are going to its really the greatest decision Ive made. I love it here and I love serving the Lord everyday it really is the greatest experience you can ever have. I love you guys and wish you all the best.

 Mahal kita,  Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment