Monday, March 26, 2012

 Hey my wonderful family of mine,

  So its looking like this week we had such a good week. We were able to work really hard me and Elder Acera. We really were able to focus on our less actives. We were able to find 7 new less actives to start teaching. We also were also able to find 4 new investigators for us to teach. We had so much good things help us this week I cant say how helpful the members are in helping the work and how working with the missionaries makes it some much better not only for us missionaries, but also the less actives and make them feel like they are missed and make them have the desire to go back and partake of the blessing of being active in the church.

   This week for this transfer we had one of the youth work with this week the first day he worked with us we were able to find 2 new less actives to teach, and how did we find the less actives, because my area is very packed especially in one of more squatter areas squatter meaning the really poor are. Its called Sitio Militar and its a really packed area and we have a big amount of less actives living in this area. So with the help of this youth whose name is Joseph Aaolin who is only 17 years old, we were able to progress in this area immensely. So really by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Me and Elder Acera have a scripture we always remember when the going gets tough in our area. Its in D&C 58:4-5 it reads " After much tribulation comes the blessings" One day this week I had a experience with this scripture, one of the days on Tuesday of last week we were really struggling to find someone to teach we were really starting to feel really sad and mad at the same time. We go to one of our less actives house who is actually named John Ray, we go to his door and knock we get no answer and we just sit there to plan a lil more this was after we got punted a lot and I mean A LOT. So I'm thinking give up and just go home, but I had this scripture come into my mind. As I was walking away from the house we were about to turn and go into the opposite direction when we hear someone call us its JOHN RAY!! What he said to us when we got inside was we asked why he was coming home usually when he comes from school he usually goes to a internet shop to play video games, but today he said he felt like he needed to go home for some stinking reason. It was so cool totally felt the Spirit during the lesson and the rest of that day we were busy teaching many less actives. I know it was the Spirit helping us teach him and all the LA's that we went to that day. I cannot express the need of members in helping the work progress it really is the key in helping the less actives come back and investigators to want to baptized and come to church. This work is not only the best work in the world, but also this is the Lord's work and we need to do all we can to help it progress. I love doing this work and all the blessings that not only me, but also you guys for allowing me to serve and to raising me the way you raised. Couldn't have had a better way to be raised. I love you guys so much.

  So yea also I haven't been able to write anyone back, but I will be a lil more diligent in doing that. Hey Addy its finally finished hahahaahah. She also got her nice backpack now wahoo. Miss that backpack. I did get Nana's letter actually got it today and I loved it its cool especially how big Jude's hand is now hahahaah. Tell Andrew good luck to him and hes going to love every second of his mission. Tell him to email me when he gets out and Ill be waiting to hear from him. Also if you can send me Taylor Shreeve's email so I can write him from time to time miss that guy and hope he is doing so good. I miss you guys again and cant wait for next weeks email.

Mahal kita,

Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment