Monday, March 5, 2012


 Dear my most amazing mother,

   I'm loving the work here in the Philippines its really going so great here I love being here this place is so stinking. The people here are really the greatest people they are always so stinking happy even though they really don't have much, but they don't care they are just so happy. Every time we go out to work I always looking forward to the kids outside. WHY??? the kids here are probably the sweetest. You cannot go anywhere without getting asked from where we are from especially the fact that my comp is 6'5 that's a big influence, but they are just the greatest. I literally get more high fives from kids here than I would at school for a week literally. The people here are so great I honestly could say I do not want to go home anytime. I feel like I'm home the ward here is so cool and I'm hearing from the missionaries in my last area say that all my RC's are still active in the church which is the biggest relief I can honestly get.

   So it sounds like you guys are having a great time with NG it always sounds like he gets sick all the time.  HES JUST A LITTLE GUY!!!! (NG you remember this quote?) So anyways hey Ed and Ng get to perform in the Aloha Festival WHAT THE HECK! I'm really jealous of both of them that's so stinking cool I wish I was in their shoes, but that's OK cause I'm pretty sure they would love this place alot. So anyways hey I know i missed all of their birthdays as well as Dads I'm so sad I want to send something to you guys, but at the same time I don't know if I can. I'm so glad that I got to write that letter to Brenden I'm also gonna send one to you guys for Andrew I need to write him but its gonna take forever for it to get to him if i send he probably gonna be gone before I even get it to him. The Perezes were sealed that's so stinking cool we have a family in our ward that we are gonna try to get to the temple they really want to, but it will take some work first. I cant wait to be able to participate in things like seeing my RC's getting sealed in the temple I can only imagine how great it is. I wish I was able to go and see them get sealed its so great. What do the boys get to do just wondering it would be good to know? I'm gonna be sending alot of prayers you guys way it sounds like the life there is going so good and just keeps getting better. I really like that quote from Ezra Taft Benson I might start using that to use when I teach. I love you guys. Anyways time for what I learned from Elder Nielson of the Seventy.

   So last week we were able to hear from Elder Neilson of the Philippines Area Presidency said to us about the gospel and how through explaining more how it will influence the family and not the individual it will make the people want to not only come to church and also do all the things that we need to bring the Less Actives back to church. I loved it it felt so good to hear from him he was so stinking spiritual and he really is one of those men that has been sent here to assist us here in the Philippines to help the work here to really progress. I loved this last week and it was such a spiritual feast he really is a man called of God. So yea pretty much that is what was really cool that happened to us this week. Next week is transfer week not this week ,but next PDay I will know if I'm transferring most likely I'm not going to be, but there is still that little chance. I'm really set on my comp going though because he has been in this same area since he first got into the mission so I'm really thinking that I will have a new comp pretty soon. I'm really hoping to train a new missionary especially a new Filipino. I have only had one Filipino comp and that was only for a week, but it was still awesome. I really like speaking Tagalog its so cool yes I'm still pretty bad at it no doubt, but I love speaking it its so cool to say things then have people say WHAT THE HECK WHY IS THIS AMERICAN SPEAKING TAGALOG??? It really just makes you laugh cause they then say your good when you really know they are just saying that to make you feel better. I love it so yea what else really looking to step up to trainer and not district leader or zone leader cause stepping up as trainer and DL just sounds like a pain. Don't just take my word for it ask Elder McDonald and Elder Dalisay 2 of my comps from the MTC hahahha they did it. I definitely don't let McDonald forget it HAAHAH!!! So anyways I love you guys and miss you tons hope to hear from you guys soon MUCH LOVE!!!

 Mahal kita,
Elder Jordan Thompson
Elder Thompson and Elder Dasay



No comments:

Post a Comment