Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dear Wonderful Mother of Mine,

 So this week we had another great week me and Elder McCoy. Its was a long one too for sure it had a lot of up-and-downs, but i loved it was such another great week for me and Elder McCoy. First off I don't use crocs they are rubber shoes and well they are freaking hot I have never ever used those once on my mission and probably never will. I always just wear my slip-ons or my chinilas (flip-flops in English), but yea encourage him not to buy them they are of no use to him in the mission probably just going to send them back to you guys since i really don't use them at all. They are a hassle to carry around and take up a lot of space that I need for other things it's ridiculous. Also tell him to not to bring silk ties they really do bleed seen it from kabahays not myself, but I'm happy I don't have any hahahaahh!!! I also do have all of my SD cards so don't worry about that i have all of them and they are all still alive hahahahah!!! Also i do not use TP sadly i have to use my hands plus the bucket that we use for showering, but we have one for the toilet hahahaha. I love it here though since we do have a air conditioner for our bedroom, but we don't use it its so freaking mahal use it for 2 hours then it goes off, but we still have electric fans going on our faces so its still kinda nice in the room.


 So anyways we have had alot of good success me and Elder McCoy the area is a very great area lots of squatter areas in our area I love it the squatters are an amazing thing to be in even though it smells like sewer and urine in everywhere we go I love it cause its such a great place to find those searching for the gospel since the people here really have nothing at all and sobrang magpakumaba po sila talaga maghahanap po kami araw araw para sa kanila. I love speaking Tagalog so much its like going to be one of my hobbies when i get home seriously its a freaking awesome language and not alot of people know of its existence very surprise how many people don't even know about the language. So yea with our area we are both STAYING me and Elder McCoy are going to be together for another transfer we may be having a baptism in August stay tuned we have a progressing investigator named Romela she is actually a less-actives' sister so we are teaching her and actually her sister is now a reactivated member me and Elder McCoy reactivated I love it here so much. We actually on Monday shared with her about the Restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith at first we had a lil bit of a hard time, but then we got to Joseph Smith I felt like we needed to use the Restoration DVD with her instead of us teaching. We watched and at the end bot of us testified of Joseph Smith great lesson so much loved everything that happened in that lesson that day. Her sister as well as her husband both reactivated members testified to her as well. The Spirit was so strong no one could deny he was there. The best part was that Elder McCoy asked her how she was feeling all she could say was MASAYA NA AKO!!! I loved it Elder McCoy is the man I love being able to follow-up train him hes a great missionary. So we gave Romela a bap date on August 25th so here hoping will keep you guys tuned!!! I love it here in this ward and we are both staying so even more work for us to do here I love it here this mission is amazing and I'm happy to hit my year mark with Elder McCoy he is a great companion I'm glad to be able to be one of his first 3 companions its amazing. I love you guys wish you all the best of luck.

Mahal namin kayo,
Elder Jordan Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment