Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dear Wonderful Mother of Mine,
  So hey, guess what? Yes, it rained a lot this week it was pretty ridiculous. I never have seen so much rain in all my life it was so ridiculous. Especially with the fact that were from Arizona and well we barely get any rain there hahahaah!!! It was weird for sure it was the first time that I have ever been cold here in the Philippines. We were not effected by the floods as much as was our area. One of our families the Muyano Family had a big problem they said that they actually had over 6 feet of water by their house before we go to their house, we have to climb a couple of stairs and they say all those filled up actually their house is right next to a canal to so the water still got their house cause that whole canal filled up and got to their house. So yea we didn't get to go to them until they came to church on Sunday so yea it been a great week actually. This week got to celebrate my birthday so weird it was actually pretty fun and sad at the same time. I didn't get my package this week so yea that was definitely a bummer. Also we got our interviews canceled last week with President DeLaMare since you remember Tandang Sora chapel was where we were planning to have them at and President's car wasn't even able to coordinate through the floods actually me and the other 3 elders in our house weren't even able to get there the Zone Leaders in our zone and the other district were already there at the chapel and told us actually to wait and they would tell us when we could go. When we got the go signal we headed out in rain that was just so not nice plus the lightning and thunder going off every 10 seconds i swear. We waited for 30 minutes to go there quickly since we are pretty far from everyone else in our zone.  I stopped a taxi and asked him to go to Tandang Sora and he said this "Ayaw ko pupunta iyan sa Tandang Sora binaha talaga at hindi ako pumasok doon. He didnt want to go that way simply. We got onto the long way with using the MRT some thing like the lightrail over there in ASU it was pretty cool so we took it to the Trinoma Mall MRT station and from there walked again it was pretty fun walking in rain with alot of stuff in my hands my shoulder bag, Preach My Gospel, plus my umbrella which I always need so I don't get sick. We didn't even make it since we were about to go to the street by Tandang Sora Mindinao Ave. and we couldn't even walk we were already so wet as it was we were almost about halfway up our legs, but if we went any farther we probably get stuck. So we called the AP's and they came and got us from our shelter in McDonalds hahahaaha!!! Wasnt hungry though. Then we thought when were going to Tandang Sora chapel Nope straight to our apartment again interviews were canceled ahahahaha .

 So we spent alot of our time this week doing CSP'ing lots of our members in me and Elder McCoy's area had more problems with the floods since our area is the more poorer part of our ward. It was fun walking through squatters in only shorts, a shirt and shoes gotta love it. It wasn't bad in NIA our squatters as it was in our other part of our area Philcoa. Had a good time going to all the members checking up on them if there wasn't any problems didn't have any problems but one of our investigators asked us to visit one of her kaibigans and had her come with us to her house actually gave her friends kid a blessing of comfort and was able to be the one to give it to her. Her mom wanted us to give her specifically the opportunity to have her kid speak since her child cannot speak, but it was so good in a time of need these people turn to the Lord for help even us the Lord's servants I love it. One of our investigators Romela Alati-it who has a baptismal date set for August 25th really got affected from the floods she was really sick and last Sunday me and Elder McCoy gave her a blessing and got a text from our family the Muyano family that she lives with she was going straight to the hospital she has been throwing up blood daw. Really would love it that you pray for my area especially her at this time. Also for my birthday had a good time with that. So on my birthday I was inside the house the whole day confined. My companion, as well as another elder in our house got really sick, the reason they forgot their umbrellas so they got pretty wet hahahaahah. So yea another plus all my clothes in the back which I hand washed all got wet from the rain and well you really don't want that to happen to your clothes the rain here is pretty bad, with all the pollution so yea spent over 2 hours rewashing my clothes yea it was pretty fun along with the rain still coming down hahahaaha plus no birthday package :(. It was still such a fun week so hopefully tomorrow ill get my package since our interviews with President are tomorrow so ill tell you that next email. I'm fine here the flood hasn't really got to me other than this week with the rain had alot of rats and mice come in our house we killed alot of them this week plus one really big one me and Elder Ferrer killed at the chapel. ITS HUGE!!! VICTORY!!! STONED THAT SON OF A GUN!!! That's just for Dad and the boys!!! I love you guys and I'm fine and thank you for your prayers love you from your newly 20 year old son!!!

Mahal kita,
 Elder Thompson

Elder thompson saved his ward from this rat.

The young man and grandmother were baptized

Elder Thompson with baby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment