Monday, October 15, 2012

Magandang hapon po sainyo lahat!!!
  So first lets start off with yes im still here in Quezon City 1st Ward and I'm still very happy even though I haven't been to the more beautiful parts of the Philippines, I'm still very happy and I'm really enjoying the fact that I may have another baptism coming up very soon so handa ang sariling mo para sa isa pang binyag dito sa area nito. Hahahah I love speaking Tagalog sorry po. Anyways so I have a new companion, Elder Su'a from Apia, Samoa so yes that's right I got a Polynesian companion something that I have always wanted in my mission. The funny things is too is that we are batch. We were together in the MTC, but different district, but we got to know each other in the MTC, now we are companions in the mission field, so nope I'm not training still haven't gotten that, its ok with me I mean its really on the Lord's time. I have written letters as well I just needed to print some pictures for them so that I can send those with it. WAit lang ha!!! So maybe I might get a lava-lava but I honestly do not know. Basta parte sa buhay natin mahal ko ang buhay ko!!!
  So I really enjoyed Conference as well especially just like you Mom, I loved Jeffrey R. Holland's talk on Loving the Lord, it was really strong and like always it was amazing. Also really liked the quote from Elder Walter F. Gonzalez said in his talk it was "The things that are essential in life, are invisible to the eye" I thought that was a very great things he said especially the fact that its so true that we dont know what we have until we realize that we do not have it anymore. Life goes on and on like always and we need to know how it really is all the things that we have are really the things that are essential for our salvation. We also need to take in to thought the things that Elder Russell M. Nelson also told us that we must ask the missionaries, yes that is so true, we cna help those in the world and bring them to Christ, huwag kayo maging mahiyain sa amin, dahil magbibigay po tayo ng ebanghelyo ni JesuCristo sa buong sanlibutan. He said that we should ask the missionaries, it important what we say to them, and do to help them constantly do what we can to be a big impact on the people that we meet. The world is need of worthy young men and women to help this great cause. As well as them members we need them just as much as the missionaries. That's why the tell us to talk with the missionaries, because "if not now, When?, if not them Who?", I remember this quote from when Elder Nielson of the Seventy, mission toured our mission. He said that too us and we need to keep working our hardest to be great advocates for Christ. Like Elder Holland said "How much do we love the Lord", lets do our best to do that. It really was a feast of spiritual food constantly for us this week. Conference is so amazing.
   So sorry about last week by the way last week only got to email, you all I had a big problem with the internet here in the computer shop we email at. Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out, the internet here sucks sometimes it even goes out, so yea that's why I didn't get to email you guys last week, other than Mom. So with you taping I will be videoing myself from my camera, ill try my hardest to do it, but if it doesn't go through I will definitely send a picture of myself though this week will do that. Were going to take a lot of pics me and Elder Su'a so that you get a more outlook of our area and as well as my new skinny look hahahaha!!! I love it!! All my shirts that were tight on me dati now are all huge on me!!! I love it!!! Already have a good idea who I want to give the CTR rings too so I'm really just preparing myself for the new transfer. Its gonna be awesome. I love you guys so much the work of the Lord's goes on!!!
 Mahal kita,
  Elder Thompson

Elder Thompson with the S Family!!

New comp Elder S they actually had met at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment