Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Magandang Umaga Po SaInyo Lahat,

   So everyone Elder Thompson has now officially been in the Philippines 14 months and I'm still loving it and not getting sick of it!! So we have our P-Day since earlier we had our temple day today!! Can't really be more thankful to be in one of the only 3 missions in the Philippines that has a opportunity to have a temple day and to attend it once every transfer!! Sure the other missions got more beautiful scenery, but guess what we have a beautiful temple that we get to attend so I'm so happy. Its always a blessing to be able to attend the temple it really is the house of the Lord and the Spirit is always abiding there!! Sent you a picture of the temple, but ill send another picture later since I'm losing my time here on the computer just to wait for the pics to upload just wasting time. Not a lot of picture this week, but got two really great ones at the temple.


  So what does PAT mean well ill give ya a Tagalog lesson, ibig sabihin ng PAT ay Pili Anong Tama or sa English Choose the Right!! There you go 3 new words for you all to say to me when I get home and when you guys ill just blast you in a bunch of Tagalog so that you don't understand. I'm still studying there is so much vocabulary in Tagalog you literally have to watch how you say the word or you can be saying something totally different. Like for example one of them is when you have a ' over a a you have to say it very strongly so for example basa' this means wet, but you also have basa which means read so yea its intimidating, but its amazing when you actually understand the people. Even though I have been out for over a year now. I still sometimes don't understand what the people say, but its going really good I'm still studying so I've  seen the blessings from that. Its good too see that the ward is receiving a lot of honorable returned missionaries and just like that its about to send more out to replace them hahahah. Our ward is literally missionary ward!! By the way if you guys could if you could send in the package is some more socks, but would it be fine if you send the Goldtoe socks if those are too expensive then its a whatever for me, but I do need socks soon and well not now, but soon!!! Also just whatever you think i would need if you could maybe send beef jerky and oreos.

  So guys this week me and Elder Basalo's hard work really did pay off this week. This week me and him had 10 less-actives come to church as well as 6 of our progressing investigators come. So yea me and Elder Basalo had a great time this week its definitely a great week to start of the week before transfers which by the way am not looking forward too, I have a feeling I might leave this area. I don't know why, but I feel like that I may!!! Really love this area!!! When you have been in squatters as long as I have you really come to love the people. So now that Romela is baptized right now we are working on having members visit her as well as home teachers for her and her sister's family!!! We have found alot of new investigators. We are receiving alot of referrals constantly, from one of a new re-activated less-actives, Sister Rivera. This week we found 7 new investigators and 2 new less-actives in NIA the squatter part of our area!! All of them are really great and the area is just getting better and better!!! I love it!!! Really excited for General Conference and all the things that I will learn from it!! So good to hear from you guys and hear all the good news of your guy's life!! Also friends and family friends!!! I love you all so much Elder Thompson is going so strong and I have seen such a big jump in my maturity it really does surprise you what you learn on your mission!!

 Mahal na mahal kita,
  Elder Thompson



Elder Thompson gets to go to the temple in Manila every transfer

Elder Thompson and Elder B at the Manila temple

No comments:

Post a Comment