Tuesday, October 30, 2012

 Magandang Umaga po Sainyo Lahat,
(Good morning all please sainyo)
So another week done and gone and I'm still a happy missionary. So another great and marvelous week of doing the Lord's work here in the Philippines, and like always its always still amazing. We are doing so well here in the area of Quezon City 1st Ward. The work goes on and on, its amazing and we are really turned our focus on the less-actives as well as our many investigators in our area. We have a lot of good plans coming up this week to be excited for especially the one called a baptism on Saturday. WAHOO which will be talked about more later in the letter. As well as this we have a lot of less-actives coming back as well as investigators really wanting to know the truth. To answer your questions mother I meant 15 1/2 but if there isn't any of those then just 16 will be fine just in case right?? Also the gold toe black socks yes, as well as a bunch of ibuprofen I need that stuff here since we are coming on the hot season here again. Yes I am getting alot smaller I get that alot from our batch they all say "Elder Thompson what the heck happened to you hahahaha" Always get that asked when I see my batch. If you could could you guys send me another new journal or do you want me to just buy one here? I can!! It depends on you guys but oreos and beef jerky are always welcome in my package. I don't have the Christmas stuff anymore sorry the tree kind got killed in my house in my first area sorry!!
   So with my area me and Elder Su'a have been doing so amazing together, we just keep having so much success in our area that we amaze even ourselves by how much success we have here in this area. Its really because I have really been stressing the being a 4th missionary in my life, its been a big influence and it always strives me to do my best everyday and to not give up no matter what happens to our area. I have already started to have members in my area to write in my book of rememberance to really remember this area and to remember the so much success I have had in this area as well as in myself as well. I really do love this area you don't know how relieved I was to be able to stay in this area again, I really do have a big love for this area, and all the members I have come in contact with here in this area. Just preparing myself for all that will happen in the future and live for tomorrow and "Look not behind me" Genesis 19:17. I really do not want to leave this area its been such a big builder of my faith as well as I learned that anything is possible I have learned that through one of our investigators as well as a one of our less-actives.
   The less-active is a family the Abendano family the Abendano family back when I was with Elder McCoy, they were not one of our focus families they were sort of a family that we would go to if we got punted from most of our appointments. Then when I got with Elder Basalo we made them a focus family as well as during that time, when I was with Elder Basalo the week of transfers, we heard from one of our investigators that Brother Abendano, was in the hospital, with kidney failure, I was very scared as well as Elder Basalo, luckily the hospital they were in was in our area, after our personal and companionship study we went straight to the hospital and found the room, he was in I was very sad at first when I first saw him since he was in very bad condition, when we were there we were asked by sister if we could give him a blessing, so I anointed him then Elder Basalo gave him the blessing. During Elder Basalo's blessing he said the words"Through your faith, you shall be healed from this sickness".  Then after that we waited for a little time and then last week not yesterday Sunday, the Abendano family came to church. Which surprised me also which the sister said to me, Brother Abendano was released from the hospital the Saturday, before Sunday then the next day went to church. It was so good to see that how big this families' faith is, we went to them them and Brother was in tears he said that he was having a bit of trouble that he and his wife started praying and then what happened everything went well and he was released, it was a miracle indeed it was also amazing to be part of this in their lives.
  We also have great news, one of our investigators, Elsa Denosta, will be baptized this coming Saturday, its going to be so amazing to be able to see this happen, since I was one of the first 2 elders to find her in our area. She was a 7 Days Adventist dati, but now is going to be baptized this Saturday. We have experienced a lot of trials to have her understand the doctrine since her church is so different from our religion. Especially about Sabbath Day, since they are the church that go to church on Saturday, we had to explain me and Elder Basalo, that we go to church on Sunday, by reading Acts 20:7 or 1Corinthians 16:2 to explain that after Christ died on Friday that on Sunday when he rose again that he said that this is the day that you should remember me through the sacrament. We reviewed it again me and Elder Su'a before her interview yesterday after our stake conference. She passed and is really ready said our district leader, it really gives me joy that after so much we receive so much blessings, after so much tribulation" D&C 58:4. I love this area so much in a simple sentence.
  So this area is so amazing like I said its going so amazing the work is going so well and I don't want to leave this area, but i really don't think I'll be here much longer. I love you all so much and miss you all GOOD LUCK!!!!

Nagmamahal (LOVE)
Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment