Monday, November 5, 2012

  Magandang Umaga po sa inyo lahat!!!
(Good morning please you all)

   So everybody another amazing week of missionary work is down and I'm still loving my life as a missionary. Honestly if I couldn't tell you all the things I have learned here I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you all of them this has definitely been a week of learning for me. I love doing the Lord's work here in the Quezon City 1st Ward this is honestly the area where I have grown up so much in this area. Even though I really want to go to the province parts of the mission I really do not want to leave this area. The 3 companions I have had in this area have all been such a great impact on my mission and love them all so dearly, Elder McCoy, Elder Basalo, and Elder Su'a they all have been such a big impact on my mission. I want to tell the story, but by the time I do this letter would be freaking huge!!! Basta the work is amazing and we had 2 baptisms this last Saturday, Elsa Dayie Sajorda Denosta and Julie Ann Gullim Doctolero. So yes I'm a very happy missionary for sure since they are so special to me. Tell you more about it this week. Just a little heads up we have temple tour this coming Saturday as well as interviews with President DeLaMare on Thursday, so I'm really excited for this coming week I will be finding out what the future hold for Elder Thompson this coming week. By the way for your question this the 2 baptisms were number 9 and 10 so yea even though it is not many I still feel i'm doing my best. Just a couple of tanong?? So what you guys planning on doing during Christmas, all I know is I do not know if ill be here in this area for Christmas or not, but basta ill be happy wherever ill be. how is all of my friends doing on the missions? I found out from my mission president, President DeLaMare that its not pwede to look at blogs of ourselves as well as our friends on missions. Christiaan, Preston, Tanner, Holden, Andrew, Indy I WANNA KNOW, I can't email them so I really want to know even if you could send their addresses to write them and find out more. Also let Uncle Matt know that his handwritten letter is coming soon, just needed to fix something for him as well as print some pictures!!! As well as for Becca. Have been really busy, but have been making time to do it!!

  Well one thing I'm going to say is get used to seeing really young people go on missions I mean come on I was 18 when I left and well that wasn't to hard diba(diva??)? I'm really excited to see a lot of people come to our mission in these coming months!!! Maybe even someone from our ward or stake can come and be assigned in the Philippines Quezon City Mission, just like what happened to Preston and Holden!!! Maybe Addy?? HAHAHA!!! Jokelang depende sa kanya!!! (Joking depends on him)Anyways so I was able to baptize both Elsa as well as Julie Ann, the funny things was I didn't know that she was even going to be baptized, I walked into the chapel to get ready and she was already there in the white overcoat and said to myself "Ano Ba Yan??" (What does Yan?)I had no idea she was being baptized too, but I was happy to be able to baptize her since, I have been teaching her and her family for months, they are a less-active family that I have grown to love in this area, her mom even came to church on Sunday, was pretty happy I tell ya!!! Its going really well in bring the less-actives to church, as well as finding new investigators to teach me and Elder Su'a have focused on all of the family investigators as well as part member families. We have had so much success as missionaries we have been experiencing its been amazing!!! Tell people to write me I have had a lot of great great things I have learned from the letters I got from Grandpa Ray, I have actually used them in my personal study and I have learned a lot more about the doctrine!!! 

 All I'm going to say now is that I love being a missionary for the Lord we have been teaching a lot me and Elder Su'a we have back to back lessons no breaks I love it, also I have learned to not be scared in my teaching and just be bold and straight in my teaching, I can honestly tell you in this transfer, I have learned so much of the doctrine, Tagalog grammar, and teaching skills in this transfer then in any other transfer, from 2 of my batch going home. Elder Su'a and Elder Carpentero. I honestly can say now without a doubt that IM NOT AFRAID!!! So many experiences have come with that. I love being a missionary and I love serving the Lord here in this area!! I love all the things I have learned!!! I love you all and I love all the members I have come in contact with here and back home. I love being ELDER THOMPSON!!! Ill let you guys know how things go this week! Mahal kita (LOVE)

Nagmamahal, (LOVE)
  Elder Thompson

2 young ladies got baptized from Elder Thompson and Elder Su'a

Family at baptism!

Elder Thompson found the right comp to make faces with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment