Friday, July 19, 2013

July 14, 2013

Hello Dear Wonderful Mother of Mine,

 Hey everyone everything is going so good this was a great week for me and Elder Pedrola. We had a very successful zone interviews on Thursday and they were awesome, just so you guys know my new president is President Revillo from General Santos City, Mindanao, so yes he is from the Philippines and we had a good interview in Taglish hahahah. Sadly i don't know remember anyone from the mission that will be able to attend my homecoming.:( All the real close people to me in the mission from Arizona are the ones that follow me in going home not the ones before me. The work of the zone leader in the Taytay zone is very hard, but it is also so rewarding so much I love being a zone leader another way to be able to serve with the fellow elders and sisters in the zone. We usually are always working we just attend more meeting than district leaders, we attended just yesterday the stake coordination meeting which is very sweet to attend since you get to see the progression the wards have been making. A big change I tell you. Also we get to see the progression of the baptisms in the zone and I feel the zone is very sweet.
 

  To begin things off is I think honestly I would definitely want to have it on Sunday since I think that is probably the best days for those that we want to invite. Also depends on you guys, but me I want it on Sunday. I honestly think there is also a reason why the 2 week extension happened, maybe to get you guys more excited I honestly don't know. Anyways gonna give you some pretty sweet feedback on me and Elder Pedrola's week. A lot of our investigators have certain concerns that definitely keep them from being baptized it is very hard to see those kind of things. We actually this week have been focusing on our finding, this week I went on exchanges with one of our ward missionaries, it was a tough start we got punted from a lot of our appointments and what happened eventually all of our appointments from that time to 7:00 were all out, yea it is tough to have that happen, but what we finally decided was we were going to go and do some finding or tracting. As we knock on doors before hand we planned or set goals on how many doors and how many house we would teach at. After planning me and the ward missionary, Nato said a prayer so that we may be open to the Spirit and know which houses to knock on. We went out and a we were going about we saw a house that had a "ICE FOR SALE" sign on the door so me being me I say lets buy some ice then try talking to them. WE knock and as we wait we see a woman and he just goes back into the house, so thinking its done were about to go away, then her little boy starts yelling at us then she comes out and we are able to start a conversation with her she lets us in immediately we share to her the part on families she opens up her concern being a single mom and part of a broken family, we testify to her that the gospel will help her and it was awesome, you could totally feel the Spirit , and we know she was very interested she said she will read and pray. It was a big jump for me and my companion. We were super happy that whole day. I know the Lord does provide ways to talk with those he has prepared. I love still being a missionary, stinks that the Christiaan, Preston, and Tanner had to turn in their tags and I'm still here I love it!!

 Tell Ed don't worry about that junk, tell him to go on dates not get a girlfriend its a pain in the butt. Tell everyone I love them and see them on the 14th, but still a long time. Love you all so much and hope to hear from you all again!!

 Mahal kita,
 Elder Thompson

New mission president and his wife with Elder Thompson


No comments:

Post a Comment