Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jordan baptized the younger boy!!

 The rag is for the humidity!!!!

New toy????

Found a kitten along the street!!
Dear Pamilya, 

       Hey family everything over here is going so well, I couldn't have asked for a better area to get called to first than the Quezon City South area. Its awesome the work is really starting to look up in our ward and area. In our area, our ward works in with another area which is covered by the other ZL's area. My companion is the other ZL. Our goals for both the South and the North Quezon City missions we want to have 500 completed families by the end of this year. We have 280 so far so we are really hoping to get that number up very quickly. In our area alone me and Elder Burgan have a potential 6 completed families. Yesterday we actually went to a referral from the Elder's Quorum president and we met this lady named Isa and just as we were about to start she brought in two friends of hers who both have families of their own, and they all wanted us to come back to teach more. Isa seems like one of those gold investigators so we are really hoping and praying. So yea about the baptism it was the greatest I was able to baptize Joshua Adona Corralez and Elder Burgan baptized his mother. The father has a big desire to be baptized, but he actually relapsed last week with his smoking problem, but he is really trying and we know he will be baptized before we get transferred. Funny thing happened though when I baptized him I forgot to tell him to plug his nose so yea you can figure out the rest, but everything went amazing and they are so happy they were baptized. Just like you said Dad with good things come the discouraging things. We have one part member family were the dad isn't a member and has a smoking problem,but is really trying to give that up. The thing is they keep cancelling appointments with us so we never get to see them and that's very discouraging. I know that I have had these challenges for a reason and that the harder I work the more the Lord will bless me. One such example was, I actually was very sick (NOT HOMESICK) and I just did not feel like working, because we just got back from Church on Sunday and I was so tired, I felt like I was going to puke, and I had diarrhea bleh it was horrible. I took a lil rest during lunch just so I did not waste the more important time, and I realized and remembered something Gordon B. Hinckley said."If your tired go work, if your on your last breath you will be breathing while you work" and I said a little prayer to have the strength to work that day, and through that whole day I could not have had a better day teaching. Right now I'm taking ibuprofen and that anti-diarrhea stuff so I'm feeling alot better so don't worry about me I'm fine. My camera situation is over my companion had a charger that he doesn't use and has been letting me use it so that's really cool so expect alot of pictures soon. I love it here, I love the people, I love my mission its the place that I wouldn't rather be. I miss you guys and cant wait to hear back from you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment