Sunday, November 27, 2011


Bro Corralez Baptism Day

Manila Temple


Jordan and companion Elder Jiminea
 Yo yo yo hey hows it goin my pamilya? Everything here in the beautiful land of the Philippines is amazing and so is the work. The cool thing is that we have a baptism again this Saturday I'm so excited!!! The baptismal candidate is a investigator named RecAnn Gopo she is only 11 years old, but that does not matter to me its a another person that I was able to bring to Christ and also she has such a great story behind her that's exactly why I'm happy that she is being baptized. When I first met her Elder Burgan had only been teaching her only a week. She has a whole family that is member, but its not her own family, when she will be baptized she will be the only member in her family. Her aunt is the person that referred her to the missionaries. The thing that was hard for was the fact that her family haven't been supportive of her being baptized. Her mom and dad are very different they make the kids do all the work around the house and it was really hard for her to get permission to be baptized, but through many prayers from the missionaries and most definitely her aunts family she got permission. When we found out we were so stoked, so we set up her interview with the other ZL in our ward. We later found out she had been drinking coffee!!! We freaked out, but now its been 4 weeks without her drinking coffee and this Saturday she is being baptized by her uncle. I'm so excited like I said before. So yea also we have been doing alot of tracting and I have to say its very hard to tract in my area. Its way hard to understand what some of the people are saying, but really I just try and my companion is really helpful he really works me, by really making sure that I lead in the lessons and that I lead in the tracting (most of the time)hahaha!! I really do miss Elder Burgan, but Elder Hopkins is really doing a good job of replacing him. Well I need to know if the money on my debit card is for me or my mission just wondering? If you could tell me I would definitely appreciate it. What else hmm I will try to get those thank you cards to them soon, but i really have been busy especially with everything that has happened this week. Anyways I love my area the area is really growing and we have alot of less actives coming back to church too so I'm really happy with the work. I love my zone they are all way cool we all get along very well and everyone is istig(cool). I miss you guys alot, but I don't miss home I have already made a decision that I will hand wash clothes for now on, because it washes them so much better than a washer. I miss you guys and wish you all the best love you all!!! ELDER THOMPSON

 P.S Funny story I found out here is the Ewoks from Star Wars actually the language they speak is actually Tagalog so when I get home I will understand what they are saying HAHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment