Monday, April 2, 2012

Hey wonderful family,

      So this week we get to see conference this week so I'm really excited for this from what you guys have said it sounds like that its going to be so good like it always is. I'm really excited for this week cause we are going to have such a great week this week first of all its cause we have conference. Hey thanks for telling me that I'm really excited to hear from Andrew when hes able to go and do the same thing that I'm doing he is going to have so much fun. Its so cool to also hear that others are also going on their missions Jon Huber's going to Mexico WOW!!! that's so cool that he gets to go there. Like Elder Jeffrey Holland said " We need every worthy man to prepare for a mission we need as many missionaries that we can possibly get to bring this gospel to every nation, kindred, and tongue". Speaking of tongues I'm really loving Tagalog its hard definitely especially when you cant understand sometimes, but now I have a Filipino I can learn from hes so good at English too so it makes it more better for me. I'm learning so much from him and he says that he learning more English from me inside we made a decision to speak only English and outside we speak only Tagalog. It has been a big help I'm now not afraid to speak to people on the street i usually was a lil timid with it, but now I'm not afraid to speak to people i feel that I can talk to people, but i still cant understand some things so that's what my companion is for.  So this transfer is really looking so good we have 2 baptisms set for April 14th. Ill tell you a lil bit more about them.

   So first we have a investigator whose name is Rowel Iskatoto. So Rowel probably the coolest kid that I have taught here in the Philippines so far many kids that I have taught here in the Philippines you know that sometimes that when you go to church or when the missionaries come over you get a lil bored or you just totally zonk out. Well Rowel doesn't do that, hes only 14 years old, but is probably the most focused person I have ever met. Many kids his age usually get kinda bored he doesn't. HES TOTAL GOLD!!! He lives with members in our ward and he has many friends in the ward so really hes pure GOLD!! He does everything that we give him he reads the Book of Mormon he prays and its all from his free will not because the members he lives with force him cause he wants to know. This kid has a big desire to follow Christ and hes doing so good me and Elder Acera are doing all we can to have him baptized by April 14th we will see hes come to church twice now, understands all we say to him he really is a great kid I'm really excited to see how he does we are going to him tonight and then we are going to have a FHE at the members house so more time with him.

  Also we have Grace Gwenevente. She is actually the sister and daughter of two of the less actives we also teach with her. So it pretty much is double great time going there to teach them. She is very good as well. Sure she is a lil older she is 24 years old and has 2 kids one of which is 5. The problem we only see in the future is that she is living in with her boyfriend. That's all we see holding her back from getting baptized, she has a big desire to be baptized and like Rowel she keeps all of the commitments we give her. She read when we ask her to, she prays , and she comes to church, she didn't come this week, but she has come once so we will see how that goes. She is really great and I love being able to teach her as well as Rowel. I LOVE IT!!!

  So yea that's just a lil something that will be coming up soon with us. yes I'm considered a senior comp, but I make sure that I don't make it known, cause I make it more sound like we are co-seniors cause then they feel more important it really makes the companionship better if you really have your companion more involved than just you doing it. Other food that I have been used to also here is pretty much really good food I have eaten dugo ng baboy, or in English pigs blood  alot here. If its prepared by members its ok to eat that, but if its just off the street that's a hindi pwede or a no can do. It can have some bad stuff in them so I don't eat it unless its prepared by a member. I am good with money my comp pays his part as well as me so don't worry about that. I wouldn't let anyone get away with that. Tell everyone that I love them and miss all of my friends a ton its hard to be away, but there is no other thing that I would rather be doing. I love you guys too miss you guys so much I'm am praying for you guys as well as you pray for me.

 Mahal kita,
 Elder Thompson

Elder Thompson and Elder A with new investigator.

They sell pineapple and mango on  the street!! Elder Thompson says the pineapple is the best:)

Part of his mission an area called Sitio Militar




No comments:

Post a Comment