Tuesday, April 17, 2012

 Dear Mother,

  This week I cant describe the feelings that I have had been able to feel this week it really is one of the best weeks of my mission.  I can honestly say. It also looks like that it was an awesome week for you guys as well. DAD GOT A JOB!!!!! WAHOO :). I love this week it really couldn't get any better. Also Addy is sounding like she also is doing great, as well as Ed and NG wow this week was really great for all of us I had some really great experiences this week one them probably being the best on my mission so far. I loved this week so much. With the questions we have a baptism on Saturday and I will talk to you about that later. I'm good on my finances really they gave us a card with our support and only when we have money we can draw out, only when the mission office's financial secretary sends it to us every 15 days. So really I'm good with money. I love you guys so much by the WAY :D

  So this week we had a great experience our stake president of the stake I'm in right now was called to be a Area Seventy so this last Sunday we were able to see a new stake president called it was so awesome. President DeLaMare as well as Ian S. Ardern from the Seventy was there presiding. Elder Ian S. Ardern was able to talk  to us and he gave a great message. He's from New Zealand so he had a very cool accent so it was awesome to hear him. He taught about temptation and he used a word to talk about the excuses we make up to make ourselves feel better. ONE O- One time this one time wont hurt it'll be OK to do it this one time. N-Nobody is watching it'll be OK nobodies around, nope 3 people know you, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father. Finally, E- Everybody is doing it so its OK for you to do it since everyone is doing it its fine for us. I loved it and you can tell it really touched those that were there. We had 4 of our investigators there it really was something that I wanted them to hear you can always count on the servants of the Lord. As well as my less-actives they loved it and you can tell that the Spirit was there and was testifying through Elder Ardern. I loved it and I hope you guys look at this it also helps everywhere not just here in the Philippines.

  So now with what we had this week was we had one of our investigators, Rowel Escatoto come to the stake conference we had this week he loved it he is really doing so great we found him through a less-active family and he is so good he will be baptized this Saturday I'm so excited to see it. My experience taught me that the Spirit or the hand of the Lord can change anyone even those that did something so bad that they will be forgiven and fix those things and feel free from those sins. So the experience was so strong it really changed me as well as my companion. Rowel was interviewed by our district leader, Elder Taurabakai, and was found worthy to be baptized on Saturday. When we have been teaching Rowel we have asked him many times that we need to meet his parents so that he has permission to be baptized since hes only 15. He has been really reluctant with this now that we needed his parents permission he consented. We have always taught him at a member's house so it was lil different we still had his 2 fellow shippers for him and went to his family's house. We were told by him like I said before was he did alot of things that hew regrets one of them being not telling his parents were he is and they get really worried. What he said to Elder Acera was he had the biggest doubt that his parents will not let him cause of what he has done, but like I said with the Spirit anything is possible. We arrived and before we started we asked  if we could say a prayer. We asked Rowel to say the prayer and he started, but halfway he just started crying as well as his stepmother. You could feel the Spirit come in and work his hand in this lesson. One of the ward missionaries we were with said he will pray and then we started. The Spirit was so strong in there and not a doubt he helped us continue to have Rowel be baptized. They seemed very against it, but the greatest part of it was Rowel came forward and with is tears in his eyes apologized and said that he wanted to do this. I loved his testimony he said with this gospel he has been changed a better person, and that he will do all that he can to fix everything. I learned that through the gospel we can do anything even fix a family that has been split apart for a long time. By this time everyone in the room is in tears (yes even me yes I admit it I cried). His parents said its OK to proceed with I'm being baptized, along with that we are going to start teaching them it really is great how the Lord's hand can change anything even something as serious as this. I loved it and I will send you guys some pictures of the baptism on Saturday.

 I love you guys so much and like I said as we continue "to proceed even into the very jaws of hell we can do anything with our foundation built upon Christ" 3 Nephi 18:14. I love you guys and always remember this scripture it has helped me so much on my mission "After much tribulation comes the blessings" D&C 5:4-5 I love you all and continue all that you do and always to remember to pray. Like it says in the hymn Did You Think To Pray "Did You Think To Pray". Always remember that and do all you can to represent the Lord in all you do everyday.

Mahal kita
Elder Thompson

A fruit he says gets as big as a watermelon but grows on trees

 Area where he serves

Elder A and ElderThompson with Elder Ardern of the seventy with new investigator



Elder Thompson eating isaw (chicken intestines)

Elder Thompson with his zone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment