Saturday, April 28, 2012

 Dear Mother,

      This week wasssss ssssoooo awessssooommmee!!!! I loved this week so much I had another baptism. So first of all our mission's mailing address has changed so that's the first thing that I will tell you. New mail address: C/O Philippines Quezon City, Aurora Blvd. Corner JP Rizal St. Project 4, Cubao, Quezon City Metro Manila, Philippines. So if you can tell everyone that this is the new address and if they want to send anything that's what they are going to need to to send anything to me.

  So this week was so awesome, I love my companion so much you really cant say how much I love this guy. This transfer has probably been the hardest transfer in my whole mission, along with my first mission transfer in the field. I have had so many changes this transfer it has been the hardest, but along with those challenges comes those blessings if we continue in our challenges and overcome them. This transfer has probably been the transfer that changes my whole mission and Elder Acera is the companion that changes my mission, yes may say they don't have a big impact on us as Americans many elders here say, but I have evidence they are just like us just different backgrounds. They just have a different culture that's so different from ours, but this transfer I have learned that if I just adopt their culture it will be so much easier if we just do it. One of my new most favorite quotes here in the mission "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS" I love this quote it has a been a big eye opener. With these actions come the blessings "After so much tribulation then comes the blessings" D&C 58:4-5. One of my blessings a opportunity to bring another one of his children to the gospel. The baptism was so awesome we had so many people there we also had another baptism in our ward along with him, the other Elders Elder Esteves and Wilde, such a great day. I was able to speak at the baptism about well baptism, it was weird I actually spoke in good Tagalog  with the Spirit you really can do anything. Then the next day on Sunday we were able to see Rowel be confirmed and they gave us the opportunity to be part of the circle to give him the Holy Ghost, me and Elder Acera, when we took our hands off he had the biggest smile on his face and his face glowed so much it really made me so happy. Like all leaders of our church say the greatest joy you can really feel is bring one of those of his children to the gospel. ITS SO TRUE!! These feeling you really cannot express they are so powerful. I also got to speak in church with Elder Wilde, and Elder Acera, on guess what? The Holy Ghost weird huh? When Rowel was baptized I spoke on baptism and when he is confirmed I speak on the Holy Ghost. Great week and I look forward to the rest. So along with your questions I'm not transferring so I will be able to stay, but sad news though my time with Elder Acera is going to be cut short he going to be transferred, I'm pretty freaking sad, but it is what the Lord wants. So tomorrow I get another new companion wow this is going to be number 6 for me in the field and my streak is still going. New companion every transfer streak still going strong uhhh!!!

  So along with that that's whats been going on this week I love you mother and mga kapatid ko mahal ko kayo at namiss ko kayo. ( my siblings, I love and miss you)

Mahal kita
Elder Jordan Thompson
Elder Thompson and Elder A with their pizza at zone conference

Elder Thompson with newly baptized Rowel.  The L sign he is making is a sign for guapo.

Elder Thompson and Elder A with new convert.

Elder Thompson and Elder A with family that introduced Rowel to the gospel.

Elder Thompson, Elder A, Elder Estevez and Elder Wilde with newly baptized Rowel.

No comments:

Post a Comment