Monday, April 9, 2012

to me

   Hey it does sound like you guys did have a very busy week I hope you guys really enjoyed it. So hey Nates home wow it really feels like just yesterday we were saying bye to him to go to the mission field. Now hes home and hopefully hes really doing so good. Time really flies by when you are doing the Lord's work here in the Philippines. It has gone by so quickly im already at 7 months here in the field and 9 months on the mission. IT FLIES!!! I have enjoyed every moment of it so far and I know that I will continue to love it as I continue on and become an even greater missionary than I am now. We always have for room for improvement siempre!!! I know that im definitly not a perfect missionary, but one thing I have learned is we cannot do this alone so one thing I do if I need anything I get on my knees and offer up my soul to him. It really does work I promise you it really works. I have been struggling trying to get down this language its hard it really is. Especially for the foreigners its harder for us to get this language down, but now im really getting it and have been improving daily especially from the help of my native speaker companion. Hes been a big hep in improving my skills, and now im not afraid to mess up and now the people actually understand me which is such a big relief to me. I continue to press on and continue t try my hardest to get this stuff down and its really helping with prayer.

  So this week we had a very good week we are really looking good me and Elder Acera. Hes an amazing companion yes its a lil hard trying to change to a totally different culture and companion from all the other companions that I have had, but it has been so rewarding to have him as well I have learned so much from him and hope to really progress in this area with him im really happy in how much success we have had this area is going we continue to find many less actives and continue to progress in this area and many investigator that we have are really progressing it really is great to see how much the Lord really helps you when your willing to do his work daily. So at conference we had the opportunity to see all of them and it really was a great expericence to have and we actually had many less actives and we actually had one of our investigators come and he loved it. All of our other investigators were out for Holy Week and Easter in the province cause thats were the real fun is. So yep I didnt see anybody get crucified, but I got to see another great thing on the side of the road. So this week we were leaving a members house which was in a squatter area (really poor area), and we got to expericence the craziness of the Philippines. We heard a dog barking so we thought something was going on. We turn the corner and we see two guys one with a knife and the other one is holding something on the table. ITS A FREAKING DOG!!! Next thing I see is this guy going at the dog's neck with his knife and I can just hear this dog screeching and let me tell it wasnt a happy howl its sent chills down my spine so bad. Next thing is the dog is just gushing blood out if its neck and the guys get a bucket for the blood from the dog for what reason I dont know, but I got out of there quickly and then I puked my freaking guts it was so nasty. My comp and the ward missionary that was with us was like hey your FIRST EXPERIENCE!! YAY so it means ill definitly see some of that again :( Anyways I loved conference so much though really my favorite talk was defintily from Elder Holland he always has good talks you can always feel the Spirit when he talks. It really spoke to me his talk though I really loved it along with Elder Uchtdorf's talk with STOP IT!! It really is the best thing that you can do is STOP IT!! I loved his talk so much. So with you questions I really eat alot of rice and one thing me and my companion do is cook chicken alot and hotdog yea hotdog!!! Finances really are going good I havent had any problems with them I just use it very wisely. We didnt really celebrate other than eating a peanut butter choclate bunny yesterday given to one of my housemates in a package. Elder Wilde. So really this is what we did this week really was an exciting week let me tell you. I love you guys alot and send love to Nana, Papa, Aunt Pat and Joyces way. Miss you all tons .
 
Mahal Kita
 
Jordan Thompson
With new investigators at conference sessions.

Elder Thompson and Elder Aat conference.

Even though he wont be able to see this til August 2013 had to have apicture in front of it at Pday.

Thought we should see how big the rats are!!! thanks Jord!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment